Most fishers or anglers prefer to fish during the day for surf fishing. Nighttime Fishing is not a common thing, and not everyone can do it because it is not an ordinary job. However, day by day, night time fishing is becoming a common practice.
There are reasons why night time fishing has become common. At night nature is usually silent; you are calm and honest with yourself; you are free. Sometimes life gives us a lot of trouble, and for many people, the only quiet environment is the night’s 24 hour period.
Suppose you are someone who wants to fish at night. However, it is becoming difficult for you to make a decision! In this case, we have thoroughly covered all the things that need to be complete for night time fishing. If you are new to night time fishing, then this will be your best guideline.
What is Surf Fishing?
Surf fishing is a form of Fishing on any water body shores such as the sea, ocean, or lake. Both live bait and artificial lure can be used in surf fishing. Surf-fishing is mostly done in saltwater.
Surf fishing is often referred to as a day sport, and very few people go surfing at night. However, many experienced anglers have realized that large fish can be caught very well at night near the shore. That is why people’s interest in surf-fishing is increasing day by day.
The Advantage Of Surf Fishing At Night
There are some benefits to surfing at night, although this is not the case everywhere. Let’s talk about surfing at night.
- Minor Competition: The number of night fishing is negligible compared to the daytime, making the coastal area less competitive and a suitable place to fish comfortably. Fish love this secluded environment which is very helpful for anglers.
- No Burnt Or Skin Damage: Usually, sunburn during daytime fishing but this problem can be bypassed by surf-fishing at night. The sun’s harmful UV rays do not cost anglers any extra to protect themselves.
- Seasonality: Seasonality is a significant factor in day fishing. Anglers also face other health-related problems. But these things can be easily skipped in the case of night surf fishing. Fish do not easily understand the presence of anglers as the water is calmer at night than at noon. It is beneficial for anglers.
- There is no fatigue from the heat of the sun during the catastrophic heat of summer. Angling the arrow during the day can draw many people. This can be very uncomfortable as well as it is another kind of obstacle to affect the efficiency of the angler in Fishing. This problem does not have to be faced at night because then the surrounding water bodies get cold.
- Easy Fishing Techniques At Night: It is much easier to fish at night than during the day. Because the fish at night can not benefit much in terms of visibility like during the day, the hook, line, or lid of the fishing rod may not be visible to the fish at night. As a result, the fish cannot separate the bait given by the angler from other sources of food.
- Nocturnal Feeding: Most fish at night, especially predatory fish, are more likely to move to the coast in search of food. This makes it easier to catch large fish at night than during the day.
Fishing during the day can be inconvenient in many ponds as the ponds can be crowded with swimmers and surfers. This is one of the significant obstacles in Fishing. They do not have to face this problem if they like to fish at night.
How To Prepare For Successful Nighttime Surf Fishing
If a person plans to go to the angler full nighttime surf fishing game, they must make the right plan and prepare accordingly. There are plenty of things to prepare for at night surf fishing that anglers may want to consider. If you’re going to fish correctly at night, consider following these tips:
- Finding The Right Tools: If this is your first surf fishing journey, you need to find the right tools first. Nowadays, rigs are very readily available online on many websites.
- Determining a Target Area: Above all, finding the right place to fish is crucial and can be very difficult for newcomers to do at night. For this, you should search for beaches or other beaches for the right spots during the day so that they can easily recognize the place at night and come back very quickly. Low tides can be effectively used to find dips, hollows, shelves, and structured areas. Low tides can be effectively used to locate dips, hollows, sandbanks, and structured regions to predict where the high tides will fall or where the fish may feed or hide.
- Ask People Nearby: You can get advice from local and other bait/tackle shop staff on the perfect fish spot because they will help you a lot to choose the right area from their acquired experience.
- Keep Track Of The Tides: Keep in mind the waves when trying to fish. This can be conceived through a tidal chart. Fishing at high tide may be more effective than low tide because it can come larger fish closer to the coast. At low tide, the fish do not stay near the beach. However, Fishing should be avoided by going as far as possible from the fishing ground during slide tide.
- Therefore, Fishing during slide tide will be counter-intuitive for them. Instead, it is better to try fishing a few hours before or after the sliding surge to increase their productivity and efficiency. It is better to come to the anglers two hours before the high tide and start Fishing, and then continue fishing for four hours straight.
- Stay Up To Date About The Weather: Tidal time/speed depends on atmospheric conditions such as wind speed. If there are wind and rough surf or it is raining, it is challenging to fish successfully. Having an update on the weather will be very convenient for you.
- Just as important as fishing your rig, setting up a fishing rod is just as important as organizing it. Successful Fishing depends on the availability of proper angling tools. So the anglers must be well prepared before going Fishing at night. Moreover, visibility is a big issue for every angler at night. Therefore, they must organize their tools properly so that they can easily overcome the problems.
- Don’t Forget To Carry The Essentials For Surf Fishing: Everyone must take the essentials to deal with the visibility problems associated with night fishing. That could be a good flashlight, headlamp, or something else. A headlamp is much better than a flashlight because it helps anglers work freely without the hands that are needed to fish successfully.
In addition to these, nocturnal shorelines can be infected by a variety of insects, so carry a bug spray to avoid these. Also, a simple notepad can be used to make a list of fishing equipment and other necessary items, which can help anglers from forgetting anything effective.
- Be Aware That Your Bait Surf: Fishers must carry appropriate live bait with them before setting out for night fishing, and bait may vary depending on the situation. Both live bait and artificial lure can be used in surf fishing as each one is effective at a time.
- Take Safety Precautions: Waves can pose a risk to fishers when surfing at night. They can cause injuries or even death in extreme cases. If they wear the wader belt while fishing at night, they will be able to protect themselves from significant accidents.
- Enjoy Fishing With Some Organization: It’s essential to have an organization with extra hands to hold the rope. A friend or family member can help increase the chances of catching big fish. Technically, there is not much difference between surf fishing during the day and at night. The only visibility issue at night. However, there are some other benefits associated with night fishing, such as being able to avoid the hot sun and also having less congestion on the coastline.
The Importance Of Different Rods For Nighttime Surf Fishing
- Different Rods Give You More Benefits: Each angler must have different surf rods with them when traveling the nighttime surf fishing. You have to keep in mind that the same rod is not useful for all Fishing.
- Know The Difference Between Surf Fishing And Other Types Of Fishing – Surf fishing is a fishing technique that distinguishes surf fishing from the pier or shore fishing—the fishing rods used in surf fishing range in length from 12 inches to 16 inches. Thus, anglers need to carry a variety of surf rods to fish effectively.
- It is crucial to maintain safety during rod casting – Anglers must also be careful when casting surf rods, as they often have sharp razor hooks. Since surfcasting requires a lot of strength, there is a risk of injuring people in the vicinity if you are not careful.
Overall, night surf fishing is completely different than any other type of Fishing. Surf fishing at night is a really big challenge for anyone. It will not only teach you to fish but also to introduce you to new moments.
Hopefully, this article has successfully helped you to know what you need to know and what you need to start Fishing. So without further, you can start with all the necessary tools. The end will be very fun if you encounter something new in the beginning. I hope you like our blog.